The following information on Group Training was obtained from the Group Training National website
What is Group Training?
Group Training is an employment and training arrangement whereby an organisation employs apprentices and trainees under an Apprenticeship/Traineeship Training Contract and places them with host employers. A GTO undertakes the employer responsibilities for the quality and continuity of the apprentices' and trainees' employment and training. The GTO also manages the additional care and support necessary to achieve the successful completion of the training contract.
The goals of group training are to:
- create additional employment opportunities for apprenticeships and traineeships that otherwise might not have existed
- provide for continuity of employment of apprentices and trainees through to the completion of their Apprenticeship/Traineeship Training Contract
- improve the quality and range of training available to apprentices and trainees, particularly small and medium business.
To achieve these goals, GTOs:
- employ apprentices and trainees and place them with host employers
- are responsible for meeting the obligations of the employer as outlined in the Apprenticeship/Traineeship Training Contract and managing and monitoring arrangements with host employers
- provide care and support throughout the apprenticeship or traineeship.
Many GTOs also:
- assist apprentices and trainees to make a successful transition into the skilled workforce
- rotate apprentices and trainees among host employers to ensure continuity of their Training Contract and enhance the quality and range of the training experience
- provide access to apprenticeships and traineeships, for those disadvantaged in the labour market
- provide services to the community which contribute to the promotion of vocational education and training and encourage employment growth.
The Apprentice Employment Network NSW & ACT is a not for profit organisation. Group Training is a training and employment arrangement where an organisation, known as a Group Training Organisation or GTO, employs apprentices and trainees under an Apprenticeship / Traineeship Training Contract and places them with host employers. There are more GTO's in NSW than can be reasonably listed here so once you have worked out what kind of traineeship or apprenticeship you are interested in contact the Apprentice Employment Network.
Use the FIND A GTO section of the site to locate the service you prefer.
If you are experiencing difficulty in identifying the job you would like, see your Careers Adviser.